|MALAYBALAY CITY (OP-IPS) The Bukidnon State University Student Commission on Elections successfully administered the first online university-wide student elections on November 18, 2020. |
Mr. Lawrence David S. Baylosis from Click Party was declared the new Supreme Student Council President garnering 56.36 percent or 2,463 of the 4,370 votes cast.
Baylosis is a 3rd year B.A. Philosophy student and a former senator from the previous administration. He was also appointed by the USG as the interim SSC President prior to the election.
He beat Let’s Go Party’s standard bearer Mr. Darius Leo L. Castada. Students voted via Google Forms, the links of which were sent to the institutional email of the students.
Polling was opened from 5a.m. to 12 midnight of the same day. The results of election were endorsed to the Office of the Student Services in the morning of November 19, 2020 and were released at 1p.m. via streaming from the BukSU Comelec’s Facebook account.
The Comelec largely depended on streaming video presentations from their Facebook account to communicate to the students.
The Comelec conducted the following activities in the run up to the Election Day:
• October 28-November 2, 2020 – Filing of Candidacy
• November 4, 2020 – Announcements of Official Candidates for the Election
• November 4, 2020 – Guesting of Head Commissioner and Commissioner on Campaign at BukSU Updates Radio Program
• November 5-16, 2020 – Campaign period
• November 11, 2020 – Guesting of Presidential Candidates at BukSU Updates Radio Program
• November 14, 2020 – BukSU Harapan of the aspiring SBO candidates • November 17, 2020 – Comelec Social Media information drive on the steps and guidelines of the online elections
• November 17, 2020 – Miting de Avance of the presidential candidates • November 18,2020 – Guesting of Commissioner on Logistics and Commissioner on Campaign at BukSU Updates Radio Program In pre-COVID time student elections in BukSU, the Student Comelec has used automated polling.
Mr. Geths Van C. Villa, a third year BS information Technology student, Student Comelec head commissioner led a group of students in the poll body. Mr. Mark Ian M. Mukara, an IT instructor, also served as adviser.
The elections were held under the supervision of the Student Services Dean, Dr. Lorenzo B. Dinlayan III. (Lailanie S. Acola/Office of the Student Services)
Bukidnon State University is in need of the following non-teaching personnel for the Main Campus. For more Inquiries: Download Notice of Hiring
Gokongwei Brothers Foundation is 𝐍𝐎𝐖 𝐀𝐂𝐂𝐄𝐏𝐓𝐈𝐍𝐆 𝐀𝐏𝐏𝐋𝐈𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒𝐅𝐑𝐎𝐌 𝐌𝐎𝐑𝐄 𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐓𝐈𝐀𝐑𝐘 𝐄𝐃𝐔𝐂𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍 𝐈𝐍𝐒𝐓𝐈𝐓𝐔𝐓𝐈𝐎𝐍𝐒 that have passingrates higher than the overall national average in the 2019 LicensureExamination for
Dear BukSU Graduate, Good day! Please complete this survey questionnaire as accurately and honestly as possible. Your answer will be used to assess graduate employability