The Research Unit (RU) is the lead research centre in the University. It is mandated to nurture and sustain the culture of research vis-à-vis streamlining of research policies and procedures, capability development activities for university researchers and implementation of quality assurance measures for university research endeavour. The RU is under the supervision of the University President, through the Office of the Vice President for Research, Extension and International Affairs (OVPREIA). It is headed by the Research Director, Dr. Beverly B. Bicar, with the support of the Research Committee (RC), Research Ethics Committee (REC), the Asia Pacific Journal of Social and Behavioral Sciences (APJSBS) Editorial Board and the faculty members of the different colleges in the university.
Generate emergent breakthroughs in social and behavioural researches and other emerging trends in mathematics, science and technology, to improve the quality of life in society.
The goal of the RU is to produce research leaders who are able to initiate innovations in consonance with the mandates of the university.
The RU shall take the lead in the conduct of quality researches on the following fields: education, ecology and environment, socio-economic-political-cultural and mathematics, science and technology, as well as institutional researches.
The RU shall strive to accomplish the following specific objectives:
1. To provide adequate support for faculty researchers
2. To enhance the research productivity of BukSU faculty and students
3. To increase the number of plantilla faculty and students who are engaged in research
- Reviews/formulates/Updates the research agenda, thrusts and priorities of the university
- Reviews and recommends research proposal for funding
- Assists in the planning and organizing capability development activities for the faculty and other research-related forums;
- Sponsors in-house review and dissemination of findings
Evaluate researches for publication in the research journals of the different colleges/units (as applicable)
The REC is composed of the Chair, four members and two or more alternate members with varying expertise related (but not limited) to the following areas: legal, health, social science, religion, statistics, gender equality, and Indigenous Peoples (as needed). The REC shall conduct ethics review on research papers in an independent and impartial manner making sure that decisions are free of any external influence.
The duties and responsibilities of the REC include:
- Formulating, reviewing and updating the Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for Research Ethics;
- Reviewing the researches conducted by the faculty in terms of: social value, scientific soundness, researcher competence, community involvement;
- Determining whether a research paper is (1) exempted from REC review, (2) for expedited review, or (3) for full review;
- Endorsing the research proposal for the data gathering phase to commence;
- Endorsing researches for publication, for dissemination at various levels (regional, national and international levels); and for grating honoraria and incentives.
- Cabada, J.Q. & Dumandan, M.S. (2019). Assessment of Food Safety and Quality Core Issues of Selected Countries as Drivers for Food Security Vulnerability. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Publications (IJMRAP), 1 (11), 12-19. ISSN (Online): 2581-6187
- Caterial, M.Z.D, Balane, C.T., Tantoy, O.A. (2019). The Teaching of Mother-Tongue Based Multi-Lingual Education of Pre-Service Teachers: Basis for a Training Program. International Journal of Multi-disciplinary Research and Publication, 3. ISSN No. 2581-6187.
- Gonzaga, N.D.C. (2019). Analyzing Some Structural Properties of Topological B-Algebras. International Journal of Mathematical Sciences.
- Del Rosario, A.S.C., Bolivia, G.A.A., Mugot, D.C. (2019). College Students’ Awareness of the Environmental Education Concepts and Principles and their Environment-Related Actions. International Journal of English and Education, 8 (1), 2019. ISSN No. 2278-4012.
- Del Rosario, A.S.C. (2019). Variances of the Impact of Meso-Economic Factors on Global Competitiveness. Southern Leyte State University Journal of Educational and Human Resource Development. ISSN 2094-1064.
- Garcia, H.P. & Saniel, D.T. (2019). The Complexity of Global Economic Disparity and Integration of Countries. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Publications (IJMRAP), 1 (11), 20-23. ISSN (Online): 2581-6187
- Gaylo, D. N. (2019). What Makes an Asian Country Globally Innovative? Southern Leyte State University Journal of Educational and Human Resource Development. ISSN 2094-1064.
- Lapates, J.M., Cunanan, A.A, Abejuela, H.J.M. (2019). ICT Integration in the Workplace: Its Impact to the Community. Balkan and Near Eastern Journal of Social Sciences, 5 (2), 23-33. ISSN: 2149-9314
- Mugot, D.C. & Sumbalan, E.B. (2019). The 21st Century Learning Skills and Teaching Practices of Pre-Service Teachers: Implication to the New Philippine Teacher Education Curriculum. International Journal of Multi-disciplinary Research and Publications, 2, ISSN No. 2581-6187)
- Ortiz, C.B. (2019). Students’ Understanding of Pre-Organic Chemistry Concepts: Chemical Bonding. International Journal on Language, Research and Education Studies, 3 (1), ISSN No. 2580-6777.
- Tambaoan, R.S. & Gaylo, D.N. (2019). Differentiating Instructional in a Mathematics Classroom: Its Effects on Senior High School Learners’ Academic Performance and Engagement in Basic Calculus. International Journal of English and Education, 8 (1). ISSN No. 2278-4012
- Tantoy, O.A., & Villanca, A.A. (2019). Qualities of Student-Examinees of Bukidnon State University College Admission Test. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Research and Publications (IJMRAP), 1 (12), 9-11. ISSN (Online): 2581-6187
- Pagaura, A.R. & Añar, L.E. (2019). Compositional Analysis of Bukidnon State University Scholarship Grantees. International Journal of English and Education, 8 (1). ISSN 2278-4012
- Lacpao, N., Corcino, R., Vega, M.A.R. (2019). Hurwitz-Lerch Type Multi-Poly-Cauchy Numbers. Mathematics, 7 (4), 335. EISSN 2227-7390
- Lapates, J.M. & Flores, R.T.G. (2019). Digital Competence Level: An Evaluation of Area Coordinators and Emergency Response (ACER) Team ICT Proficiency. International Journal of Multidisicplinary Research and Publications, Volume 2. ISSN 2581-6187.
- Gellor, J.J.G. (2019). Attitude of Pre-Service Teachers towards Inclusive Education. International Journal of Innovative Research and Development, Volume 8. ISSN No. 2278-0211.
- Unabia, M.C.C. & Paulican, J.B. (2019). Indicators of Participation of Community Civic Organizations. International Journal of Multidisicplinary Research and Publications, Volume 11. ISSN 2581-6187.
- Tantoy, O. (2019). Implementation of Extension Projects of Bukidnon State University: Basis for Monitoring Scheme. Asia Scientific Journal – Liceo de Cagayan University. ISSN 2094-1064.
- Mugot, M.A.C & Mendoza, R.O. (2019). Development of a Visual, Auditory and Kinesthetic (VAK) Model-Based Classroom Management Toolkit for Pre-Service Teachers. ASEAN Journal of Education, Volume 5.
- Ejem, L.A. & Castillo, J.H. (2019). Enhancing Grade Seven Learners’ Academic Performance in Biology through Virtual Museum. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Approach and Studies, 6 (4). ISSN No. 2648-537X
- Gaylo, D.N., Añar, L.E., Tantoy, O.A. (2019). A Diffusion Model for Highly Fluctuating Phenomenon: Application to Global Hunger. Asia Pacific Journal of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 16. ISSN: 1656-5207.
- Garcia, H.P. & Embudo, R.A. (2019). Will Military Expenditure Secure National Peace and Spur Economic Growth. Asia Pacific Journal of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 16. ISSN: 1656-5207.
- Panes, J.M.M. & Aribe, S.G. Jr. (2019). Will State of Happiness Assure Global Peace. Asia Pacific Journal of Social and Behavioral Sciences, Volume 16. ISSN: 1656-5207.
- Abejuela, H.J. (2018). Rhetorical Structure and Features of Literature Review in Graduate Theses Across Disciplines. Liceo Journal of Higher Education Research, June 2018, Volume 14, ISSN No. 2244-0461 (ASEAN Citation Index).
- Flores, R.T.G. (2018). Philippine SUCs Compliance Performance on RA 10173: A Case Study on Bukidnon State University. ACM International Conference Proceeding Series (Scopus Indexed)
- Franks, P., Mirasol, J.M., Bendsen, N., Gonzales, A., Fabe, M. & De la Cruz, R.E. (2018). Agusan March Wildlife Reserve, Philippines in Governance Assessment for Protected and Conserved Areas (GAPA): Early experience of a multi-stakeholder methodology for enhancing equity and effectiveness. International Institute for Environment and development (IIED), November 2018, ISBN No. 978-1-78431-622-8 (International Refereed Journal)
- Hidalgo, L.C. & Valdez, M.G. (2018). An Initial Foray Into the Productive Pedagogies Practices of an English Language Program. Asia Pacific Journal of Social and Behavioral Sciences, December 2018, Vol. 15, ISSN No. 2599-4891 (ASEAN Citation Index).
- Itaas, E. (2018). Voices Matter! A Reflective Analysis of Graduate Students’ Assessment on Instructional System Design Program. Liceo Journal of Higher Education Research, December 2018, Volume 14, No. 2, ISSN No. 2244-0461 (ASEAN Citation Index)
- Ortiz, C. B. (2018). Laboratory Behavior Strategies in Relation with the Inquiry Skills of College Chemistry Students. International Journal of Multidisciplinary Approach and Studies, Vol. 05, No. 6, November 2018, ISSN No. 2348-537X (International Refereed Journal).
- Ramirez, I.A.I. (2018). Pre-service Teachers’ Experiences in Teaching Junior High School. International Journal for Multidisciplinary Approach and Studies. Vol. 05, No. 2, April 2018, ISSN No. 2348-537X (International Refereed Journal).
- Ramirez, I.A.I. (2018). The Racial Slur Against Bisaya in the Light of John Rawls’ Theory of Justice. International Journal for Multidisciplinary Approach and Studies. Vol. 05, No. 3, May 2018, ISSN No. 2348-537X (International Refereed Journal)
- Rupinta, M.P.F. & Abejuela, H.J. (2018). Emergent Literacy Skills of Children with Special Learning Needs. Liceo Journal of Higher Education Research, June 2018, Volume 14, ISSN No. 2244-0461 (ASEAN Citation Index).
- Torres, B.R.R, Lubos, L.C. & Itaas, E.C. (2018). Designing a Mentoring Program Prototype for the Government Scholars. Liceo Journal of Higher Education Research, June 2018, Volume 14, ISSN No. 2244-0461 (ASEAN Citation Index)
- Valdez, M.G. & Paulican, J.B. (2018). Exploring the Alternative Learning System Radio-Based Instruction of Malaybalay City. Asia Pacific Journal of Social and Behavioral Sciences, December 2018, Vol. 15, ISSN No. 2599-4891 (ASEAN Citation Index).
Disaster Risk Reduction and Management Research Program in the Province of Bukidnon, Philippines (2017-2019)
This two-year research program aims to develop an integrated framework for the assessment of various adaptive measures of disaster risk reduction and management for the Province of Bukidnon. It intends to conduct various projects in the field of governance, education, health and science. It will particularly focus on the basic services of LGUs, DRR and Management for school-aged children, health and environmental risk assessment and land use policies. The overall expected output of this program is an integrated framework for the assessment of various adaptive measures to respond to issues in areas prone to flooding in the Province of Bukidnon, specifically in the communities along the protected areas in the province.
The Bukidnon State University was awarded as a Host Institution of the Balik Scientist Awardee Dr. Alejandro Fernandez Tongco under the Balik Scientist Program (Short-term Category) of the Department of Science and Technology (DOST) – Philippine Council for Industry, Energy and Emerging Technology Research and Development (PCIEERD). Dr. Tongco is a Geographic Information Systems (GIS) expert. He earned his doctorate in General Engineering from Oklahoma State University. During his stay in the university, he introduced GIS as a research tool for BukSU researches. He was also a resource person in the Seminar-Workshop on Geospatial Data Analysis Using Quantum Geographic Information System (QGIS) for the BukSU DRRM Research Program.
In October 2018, the university, as represented by Dr. Joy M. Mirasol received the Certificate of Recognition for the short-term engagement of a Balik Scientist as a catalyst for global innovation and competitiveness.
Aside from the Selyo, two BSE Filipino alumni also received recognition. Mr. Precioso M. Dahe, received the Gawad KWF Mananasay ng Taon para sa kanyang akdang pinamagatan na “Dabong-Yabong Filipinas: Ang Etnolingguwistikong Paggalugad sa Katutubong Wika Bilang Adarga” while Mr. Jhon Joseph Pandong was awarded as the First KWF Ambassador sa Wika. Both awardees are BSE Filipino Batch 2017 graduates of BukSU.
The inscription in the Bukidnon Bantayog-Wika is the alibata form of Gat Andres Bonifacio’s poem, “Pag-ibig sa Tinubuang Bayan.”
For 2019, in its sixth year of giving the award, the KWF selected the seven Ulirang Guro sa Filipino from 139 nominations nationwide. One of these awardees is Dr. Rodello Pepito, SWAK Director. He received the award last October 1, at the National Museum of Fine Arts, Manila. This is the second time that a BukSU faculty received the award. Dr. Judith Singcolan of the BukSU Language and Letters Department also received the award last 2017.