The Extension Unit (EU) is a showcase of the University’s thrust for functional and relevant projects, linkages and services which are implemented through continuing education, capacity development, entrepreneurship and governance.
As a service provider, the BukSU Extension Unit empowers people to improve their lives through continuing education and training, developing attitudes and skills, and providing knowledge transfer in promoting quality of life.
Dr. Lesley C. Lubos
BukSU Extension Director
The Bukidnon State University Extension Unit aims to effectively and efficiently deliver practical, relevant and responsive extension programs that shall have been adopted and utilized by the people in the community to enhance/improve their quality of life.
The Extension and Community Projects shall aim to accomplish the following specific objectives:
1. Sustain budget allocation annually for its extension and community services;
2. Enhance the extension and community services expertise and capabilities in the university;
3. Coordinate faculty in the implementation of their extension and community projects;
4. Foster partnerships among faculty of the university and other agencies;
5. Sponsor seminar-workshops, presentation and dissemination of extension and community service projects;
6. Initiate and find relevant extension and community service projects in line with the mission and goals of the university;
7. Document all extension and community service projects;
8. Link with some funding agencies in the local, regional, national and international levels;
9. Publish the finished extension and community service projects in the BukSU Journal of extension;
10. Showcase these projects with the presence of the clienteles from different community.
11. Enhance the promotion and transfer of technologies to the rural communities; and
12. Participate actively in the strengthening of the capability building of local government units and barangay officials in the province.
The University’s Extension thrusts are geared towards the upliftment of the quality of life and poverty alleviation in the region, in Mindanao, and the country as a whole, through a sustainable development approach. Subject to review, BukSU considers the following thrusts by colleges for establishing priorities in developing, processing and funding extension proposals.
The EU is under the Office of the Vice President for Research, Extension and International Affairs (OVPREIA). It is headed by the Extension Director, designated by the University President by the authority of the Board of Regents. To coordinate college-wide and program-specific extension programs/projects, College Extension Coordinators are designated by the Dean of the College.