The Research and Development Unit (R&DU) is the lead research centre in the University. The unit is under the supervision of the University President. Headed by the research director, Dr. Beverly B. Bicar with the support of the research council members from the different colleges of the university.
The Research and Development Unit (R&D U) of the university envisions quality, relevant and responsive research and development programs that contribute to a productive educational institution.
The R&D U’s mission is to move forward the frontiers of knowledge and promote reforms in education by nurturing a culture of research in the academe. It shall continue to implement researches in consonance with institutional, regional, national and international priorities.
The R&D U shall aim for the following broad goals:
- establish research and development agenda and a professional knowledge base for the college, consistent with its priorities and those set by CHED, and other R & D oriented agencies such as NEDA and DOST;
- develop partnership within the university and other agencies at the local, national, regional and international levels.
- assist the university administration in institutionalizing research-based curriculum reforms;
- develop effective ways of disseminating researches to local, national, regional and international communities;
- secure fund sources and establish linkages for the university’s research and development projects; and
- produce technology resulting from research results and applications.
To take lead in the conduct of quality researches on the following fields: education, ecology and environment, socio-economic-political-cultural and mathematics, science and technology.
The R&D U shall strive to accomplish the following specific objectives:
- secure a sustained budget allocation annually for its research activities;
- upgrade the research expertise and capabilities of faculty, staff and students;
- assist researches in implementing or introducing instructional reforms which are based on research results and recommendations;
- foster and sustain collaborative research between faculty, administrator, students, staff, and community;
- sponsor in-house reviews and dissemination of researches, seminar-workshops, and forums on research methodologies and trends in various fields of specialization;
- initiate the conduct of practical, quality and relevant studies in line with the research priorities;
- establish Research Data Banking System (RDBS) for ready reference;
- summarize the findings of researches to make it readily useful to administrators, faculty, students, and other users or stakeholders;
- publish researches through the Bukidnon State University Research Journal or other media in order to disseminate research findings to the fullest; and
- actively seek linkages with other research and funding agencies in the country and abroad.
RESEARCH THRUSTS AND PRIORITIES
Bukidnon State University is composed of six colleges and one school, namely: College of Arts and Sciences, College of Education, College of Business Administration and Information Technology, College of Community Education and Industrial Technology, College of Law, College of Nursing and Graduate School. The research thrusts and priorities of BSU are based on the research agenda of CHED, NHERA, NEDA, DOST-SEI and other agencies where research occupies the depth and breadth of their activities. The university encourages researches that are multidisciplinary and those that can benefit the neighboring communities.
These thrusts and priorities are clustered into the following broad disciplines:
- Institutional Researches;
- Ecology and Environment;
- Socio-Economic-Political-Cultural; and
- Mathematics, Science and Technology
There are four centers established to help carry out the identified thrusts and priorities. These centers are the following:
- Education and Advocacy;
- Socio-Economic, Political, Cultural and Health Center;
- Science and Environment; and
Institutional Membership to Research Institutions/Consortia:
- Northern Mindanao Consortium for Agriculture and Resources Research and Development (NOMCARRD
- Northern Mindanao Consortium for Health Resource and Development (NORMINCOHRD)
- Northern Mindanao Consortium for Industry and Energy Research and Development (NORMINCIERD)
- Philippine Association of Institutions for Research, Inc. (PAIR)
- Philippine Society for Educational Research and Evaluation (PSERE)