The two human figures at the bottom of the seal signify the many diverse relationships that are always deal in nature in the world of business and commerce-the employer employee, the producer and the user, the seller and the buyer, the contractor and the lessor, the labor and management, the public servant and the public. It is this world that the College of Business Administration, Accountancy and Information Technology prepares its graduates to find their place, a practical world which depends on systems and routines.
The circle above the human figures represents a flywheel of trade and business, which graduates of the College are to help rotate, engendering economics, progress, and prosperity. The circling motion represented by the flywheel connotes the eternal and lasting quality of business institutions, which persist in spite of reforms, revolutions, upheavals thus rendering a performance to the world of business.
The lamp which brings to mind the Filipino radiates a monochrome of life which emphasizes the letters of the right, College of Commerce. It burns and lightens the minds of the students in preparation for their entry into the world of their chosen profession.
Mission & Goals
To produce professional for business and government imbued with high sense of personal integrity and equipped with skills for employment through programs responsive to the needs of local, regional, national and international development.
The College of Business Accountancy Hospitality and Public Governance is committed to produce competent professionals in the field of accounting, business administration, hotel and restaurant management and public administration for careers in accounting, financial management, hospitality and public governance. It is essential that students develop and maintain an attitude of learning to reach a level of competence a community requires.
Business Administration (BSBA) Program
- Complete understanding of the concepts, principles and the theories of financial management.
- Help the student to seek employment and assume entry level jobs or positions of responsibility as financial analyst, financial manager or executive.
- Prepare the students to pursue a teaching career or graduates studies in business.
- To provide opportunities to students with adequate skills and professional competence in fields of concentration so as to prepare them to see above and beyond the level of employee subordinate thinking that of effective decision makers as leaders and entrepreneurs in the business world.
- Equip them with analytical frame of mind necessary in evaluating and developing performance efficiency of a business system.
- To prepare students for business professions, not just through principles and theories but also by integration of actual practice and procedures adopted by reputable business and other related institutions.
- To broaden the student’s professional training, improving understanding of the integrative nature of general business administration.
- To provide the means in utilizing a variety of methods of instructions. Including in-depth discussions of relevant cases drawn from actual business experiences.
- To update information in the functional areas of business (e.g financial management, marketing, insurance and management), providing a basic understanding of the role of functions needed for effective management of the total enterprise.
Bachelor of Science In Accountancy (BSA) Program
- To provide a quality accounting preparation for professional careers in industry, government and public accounting.
- To provide basic conceptual accounting, information system and business knowledge as a well-rounded foundation for career development.
- To accomplish the ultimate purpose becoming a professional accountant or CPA.
Hotel and Restaurant Management (HRM) Program
- To gain knowledge of the basic theories, concepts and principles in hotel and restaurant operations.
- To apply the principles involve in the selection, preparation, cooking and presentation of different foods to ensure proper nutrition and values.
- To be exposed in meal planning and the different styles of meal service and dining set-up appropriate for the different occasion and events.
- To develop skills in the practice and application of hygiene, sanitation and safety in the production and handling foods;
- To enhance skills, competencies and dexterity for effective and efficient food preparation particular to Filipino, Chinese, Japanese, Thai, Korean and Western cuisines.
- To be extensively exposed with food preparation and service during school-related functions and with the hotel and restaurant operations through hands-on and on-the-job training or practicum.
Bachelor of Public Administration (BPA) Program
- To provide theoretical knowledge in public administration and community development
- To provide practical skills in public administration particularly in local governments
- To prepare students for careers in public service.