Each tablet (Acer, Apple, Asus) will be loaded with applications that promote education and literacy, including our BukSU Library Follett Destiny Online Public Access Catalog (OPAC) mobile application, Webster’s Dictionary, English Language Dictionary, and Flipboard magazine. The Tablet Lending Service is aligned with BukSU Library’s vision and mission.
Library users will be able to borrow these tablets from the Internet Section. Users can borrow for 2 hours, with up to 2 renewals in a day or a total of 6 hours straight.
Tablet Lending Agreement
Below are the terms for borrowing a BukSU Library tablet.
• You are a bona fide student of BukSU, has registered in the OPAC and with a barcoded library card.
• You are responsible for the tablet and will pay for any damages if it’s lost or stolen.
• If the Tablet is not returned, your library privileges will be suspended and you will be charged a replacement fee correspondingly.
• The tablet has to be returned to the same location that you borrowed it from.
• The tablet has to be returned to a staff member.
• You will not use the tablet for illegal activities and will follow all library policies.
• You are not allowed to download applications (apps).
• Browsing YouTube videos is prohibited since it slows down our internet bandwidth.
Eligibility: bona fine student, registered in the OPAC, with barcoded library card.
Loan Periods: 2 hours
Check-in: Tablet must be returned to the location from which it was borrowed and returned to a staff member
Borrowing Limit: 1 Per person
Lost/Replacement: If the Tablet is lost, library privileges will be suspended and a replacement fee will be charged.